Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ahhh…to dream.

It's fun to dream sometimes, right? Have you ever daydreamed about what life would be like if you fell into 10 million dollars? And let's assume that's 10 million after taxes. Would you know what to do with all the money?

I'd like to say I'd start some sort of foundation or charity, but I wouldn't. Sure, I'd donate some money and I have some definite plans of what I would buy right away (see above for a sampling) but I'm sure I'd be sitting on a lot of cash, which is nice. You know that comfort of knowing you never have to worry about paying bills or eating, that would be great. Don't get me wrong, it's not like Mike and I live in poverty, but we have to be mindful.

On this lazy Saturday, though, I'm taking some time to dream.

  • Pay off my student loan
  • Pay off my car loan
  • Buy a house that meets my requirements (fireplace, large porch, first floor laundry, at least 3 bedrooms, at least 2.5 baths) and make any improvements that are needed (like update the kitchen).
  • Take a trip through Europe - Italy, France, Spain, Great Britian
  • Complete my American Girl collections for Molly and Kit, and get started on a AGOT (estimated value is surprisingly only $1552 before tax)
  • Go crazy with a couple thousand dollars and get as many PEZ as I can. Old, new, Japanese, European, whatever my heart desires
  • Buy a bed!
  • Oooh! A new computer set up. The biggest best MacBook available. And of course an iPhone.
  • I would start up a yarn shop in the downtown area of Springfield. A good one. Not stuffed to the brim in a windowless shack or open and roomy but with nothing that really invites you to stay around a bit
  • And I'd get a Jack Russell Terrier puppy for whom I could knit a sweater
So what's that say about me? Take from it you will. I'm pretty sure I should have several millions left, though the only calculation I actually did was on American Girl.com



As for all you out there who stop by from time to time, please feel free to leave a comment and say hi. I'd love to see who's out there lurking!



*Photo credits* Molly-American Girl.com, Vibe-About.com, Bed-ikea.com, PEZ-Canada Candy Connection, Jack Russell Terrier- JRT Research Foundation

1 comment:

M said...

Lurking...hee hee. Loved those booties! Glad to hear things are coming together, altho the weird smell and the neighbor situation bothers me. I like your dreams, hope they come true!!
M