Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yummmm!

mini spinach quiche

I'd like to say that I whipped these babies up this morning for Mike and I to enjoy…

But anyone who knows me, knows I only got up 50 minutes ago. I cheated a bit baking these mini spinach quiche last night, but it was the perfect solution. Pre-made crescent roll dough! And as Mike and I have already enjoyed some this morning, I think it was a success. And they freeze nicely, so we can enjoy them for a few weeks.

Mini Spinach Quiche makes 24
-3 tubes of crescent roll dough
-8 beaten eggs
-1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
-1/2 cup sour cream
- dash of salt
-dash of fresh ground pepper
-dash of nutmeg
-1 onion, chopped
-3 cups loosely packaged spinach (I use defrosted/squeezed frozen, but fresh would work fine)

• In a greased, 12 muffin tin form cups using the crescent roll dough. Bake at 325 F for about 10 minutes. Keep watch, when your cups start to really puff up, take them out and press centers down with a spoon to reform your cups. Unless you have 2 muffin tins, you'll have to cook in shifts.
• Meanwhile, cook onions.
• Mix eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper & nutmeg until smooth.
• Mix onions and spinach into egg mixture.
• Pour mixture into into crescent cups, and cook at 325 F for approximately 45 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean from the center of a quiche.


Enjoy!

No comments: