Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A handy tip for those who over-extend themselves…

My Solution to the Ever Growing Craft List

I have a problem focusing. I come across ideas of things I want to do, make, get, etc, but I have a tough time achieving anything. I get overwhelmed, too much so to even get started, end then just continue to pile ideas on top of ideas.

Two weekends ago, I decided to try and do something about it. I usually keep lists, but they get lost within the little notebook I keep in my bag where I also keep daily to do lists and grocery lists. I needed a list that would be completely visible and not easily lost or disposed of…so off to Hobby Lobby, armed with a 40% off coupon I got a dry erase board.

I permanent markered a chart (item and due date) of 18 lines. Now I can write each new idea on the list with a date that I need/want to have it done. Now I'm limited to 18 items in queue, if that list is full nothing can be added until an item is wiped off. It sits propped up on my craft table so that list is always visible, always on the mind. It seems to be working so far. Thought now that the list is officially up to 18, we shall see if I can keep with it!

No comments: