Friday, August 10, 2007

I is for Ice Cream!

Hot, historical lunch

My most favorite topic. Sigh, ice cream. Seriously, I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, if I could, I would live off ice cream. Nothing else, as long as I could choose different flavors. But even those don't vary too much. And I would have to count gelato into the mix. Those fruit flavor are so intense that they taste even more like the fruit than the fruit does.

What can I even say about it?

It's so very important to explaining who I am, yet there's not much to say.

I've never liked cake. When ice cream cakes were "invented" (or at least introduced in my town), it meant I could have a birthday cake that I would actually eat at my own party. Before that (and still at others' parties) I enjoy a cup of ice cream. A Solo cup, stuffed full of all the different flavors available at the table. Usually my favorite, plus the standard vanilla. Yes, I had my extended family trained, though I am so loveable, so it's understandable why they would want to make sure there was something I loved. Mint chocolate chip is a staple to any family birthday party to this day. I must thank my aunt and uncle for always making sure it was there.

And for any of you that believe my ice cream eating habits might be curbed as the weather shifts to bitter cold…think again! I just look forward to a seasonal favorite, peppermint ice cream. That is one of the reasons why I was so excited to receive an ice cream maker at my bridal shower, I can have peppermint ice cream whenever I want!

Now that I decide my own food, I tend to have ice cream a few times a week. For the most part, I keep contained in a small portion cup, but once in awhile I'll indulge in a larger serving. It's a wonder I'm not a lot larger. And about every other week, while the weather is still nice (or unbearable hot as it is now), I enjoy the treat of ice cream for lunch. The perils of having a Cold Stone just down the block. It's my Friday treat, which has become a habit while I have half days on Fridays for the summer.

That's it for my random foray into ice cream, just a few key points that illustrate how much I love it. It's one of the idiosyncrasies that makes me me…that and glue sticks. I've never wondered until this moment, if when I'm gone people who knew me will remember these strange bits about me. I think it's very possible…I mean, I did live off ice cream one summer. Every day before working the late shift, lunch would be a bowl of ice cream. And I like to tell people this interesting tidbit…all the time. Definitely, definitely be remembered as an ice cream eating, glue stick loving weirdo.

And that makes me smile.

There are definitely worse things to be remembered for.



And as a special treat to you…
A personal recommendation!

Cold Stone Creamery's Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Mint ice cream, chocolate chips, brownie and ask for caramel instead of the fudge…way better. Except skip the waffle bowl. Not worth the extra 50 cents. It was stale…ick!

It's optional to eat it in 90+ degree heat while gazing at historical landmarks.

No comments: