Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap: The Questionnaire


Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?

-I'm partial to store-bought hot chocolate. I tried making homemade hot cocoa mix before but the store only had dark dutch processed cocoa powder. It was not good, guess I'm not a fan of dark chocolate. I usually try and follow the directions on the mix. I have some "fancier" mixes that call for milk, but with like Swiss Miss I just use water. I really don't have a cup/mug preference, it really does depend on what is clean…I do have 3 hot chocolate cups though, one is tall, one holds a normal coffee cup amount and the last is one of those big cappuccino mugs.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
-Even as a very little kid I preferred whipped cream. One of my mom's favorite stories to tell when hot chocolate season comes around is about the waitresses at a local restaurant we used to frequent when I was a toddler. They would bring me a cup of just the teensiest amount of hot chocolate and then overflow it with whipped cream. That being said, I don't turn down marshmallows, they tend to be easier to keep in stock in the pantry.

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
-I'm very project based, and I tend not to make anything for myself (another resolution this year is to make something for myself). I did enjoy knitting up yarn that contained wool, but I don't dislike knitting cotton or even acrylic. I guess I'm not experienced enough of a knitter to have preference. Colors on the other hand depend on the project, pretty much anything that's not florescent or fun fur might be used.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
-I knit. Though it is on the list of things to do to teach myself to crochet, maybe this will be the year.

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
-I like the portability of circulars, being lucky enough to be gifted a Denise Interchangeable Set very early in my knitting career. I also love bamboo needles but have a difficult time finding them in the stores here.

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
-Not really. I have a few, but they're so small I often misplace them.

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
-A ball winder. Or one of those project bags that is drawstring and can clip onto a belt or purse strap.

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
-My inexperience will shine now…Hats or maybe a Knitted Babe, but those still take a few days.

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
-Sit in my tree lit living room with a snuggly blanket, a mug of hot chocolate and a book.

2. What is your favorite animal?
-I don't really have a favorite animal. I like dogs, monkeys and penguins, I guess.

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
-Doesn't everyone?


4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
-Burrowing in bed with a book or book on tape and some warm chocolate chip cookies. Or a hot bubble bath and a good book and a cup of cocoa.


5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
-No more poor driving conditions because of snow and not being constantly cold.

6. What are your favorite treat?
-Ice cream or chocolate chip cookies

7. What is your favorite board game?
-Cranium

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
-No

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
-Heavy perfume smells and cigarrette smoke make me sneeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sarah!!
I'm your swap sender!! I was just stopping by to say hi!!! Hope you have a good day! When I think of questions for you, I'll e-mail them.