Monday, February 11, 2008

Just a Quick One to Show Off

Hot Cocoa Swap - Received

Just a quick note on this cold, cold, mind-numbingly cold day to share something that immediately warmed me up when I got home from work.

My Hot Cocoa Swap package came! My first secret sender swap, and my partner, Elizabeth, treated me well. She set me up with stuff for not only the one "required" project, but two! Yes, it is finally true…I will be knitting myself something. Something in nice yarn (not the cheapest stuff like I usually buy for myself)!

So onto the goods. Included in the package was:
- Regia 4-Fach Faltbar (sock wool) in Gryffindor colors and the 'Alison's Ankle Socks' pattern
- Jo Sharp Alpaca Kid Lustre in a raspberry color and the Fetching fingerless mitt pattern (I so need to make fingerless mitts)
- cute & colorful stitch markers by InsanKnitty (one even has a little cocoa mug on it!)
- A mood booster alien buddy in a scarf (this is a great thing because as I mentioned, it is really cold)
-a big tin of Tim Horton hot chocolate
- 5 (I think) homemade Whoopie Pies (I just had to try a bite before I even got the picture taken)
- a colorfully striped pencil tin full of knitting notions for the projects she sent (yarn needles, cable stitch holders, point protectors, a hanging stitch counter, a little stitch holder and size 5 bamboo DPNs)

The question now is, do I stop my other craft projects in progress and get going on something for myself?!

You'll just have to keep stopping by to see, won't ya?

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

i love the stripe-y notion box!