Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Inching Forward By Leaps and Bounds.

The Foyer PEZ Tree

Can you believe Christmas is just a little more than a week away?

I finally got a little tree up on our foyer table to greet our nonexistent guests. Really it is purely for my pleasure. I love how the white lights twinkle and it's all decked out in PEZ ornaments (an exciting side note, after a hiatus last Christmas, there is another PEZ ornament being released this year to add to the collection - I was so worried that they would stop making them).

I'm busily trying to create an enormous pile of presents. All other holiday crafts have been put on hold till next year, but the list of must-dos is still long, long, long. I'm crossing my fingers for a miracle, but seeing as I have a big project at work this week, I'll be lucky to get home on time.

Christmas shopping has started, finally. Both Mike and I realized this weekend after we got back from up-north for my grandpa's funeral, that we hadn't started and Christmas was less than 2 weeks away. Mike was smart and went out for a few hours after we got home Sunday. I, on the otherhand, braved the cold last night after a late night at work. Determined to get a good chunk done so I wouldn't be tempted to go out in tonight's snowstorm.

Ok, that's all I got for tonight. There are things to be knit and dogs & husbands to be cuddled with.

No comments: