Monday, September 21, 2009

Masochistic Mondays: week 8

The Stats (September 21, 2009)
Starting Weight: 188 lbs
Current Weight: 185.0 lbs

S-L-O-W-L-Y, but surely chipping away at the weight. I know, the scale isn't the most proper of indicators of success but as for now that and the fit of my clothes are a top priority. My goal is to get the number into the healthy range for my height…plus the glory of my Wii Fit Board not saying "you're overweight" and making it's little groan when i step on would be awesome.

Despite really not wanting to go out and pick up where I left off in my Couch to 5K training, I pushed myself Wednesday and completed my assignment – I didn't even need to go back a week or two – and then Friday I made sure to go out before Mike and I headed on a movie & dinner date to jog 25 minutes. It was tough, I won't lie, but I made it through. The only negative thing was I didn't end up going any farther and I really need to break through this 2.25 mile hump.

For today's 25 minute jog, I'm going to make my course longer in the middle as opposed to thinking I will just tack on distance in the end when I'm so close to being home. Hopefully it will force me to break the 2.25 mile mark because if I don't, the 5K I'm planning on won't be feasible unless they have a walking category – and really that's not the goal is it?

No comments: