Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cookbook Challenge: How to Eat Supper #14

Corn Chowder
The Splendid Table's Corn Chowder

If you make one thing from The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper book, make the corn chowder.

It may have been the best soup I have ever eaten, let alone made.

It's made even better when paired with a fresh jalapeno cornbread. And on that note, if you find an awesome recipe for jalapeno cornbread, can you let me know? I promptly lost the recipe I used after making it and ended up having to settle for a different one when it came time to make the cornbread for our BYOP party. I'll just say it…the cornbread was a total bomb.


•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••


Though you may not realize it yet, as I had quite a few backlogged entries or at least topics, I apologize for taking on NaBloPoMo and then quickly running out of things to say or even the drive to take pictures of what I'm working on. I got some pretty bummer news last week, and I've just been a ball of stress and worry and exhaustion, so I rarely have energy to pick up my knitting on a night other than Tuesday at craft group or even cook dinner…Well, let me just say that cooking has not been happening a lot around these parts. The past couple weeks I've been making one or two larger dishes and we've been living off them all week. First lasagna & chili, now turkey and it's many manifestation - sandwiches, soup, tetrazzini - the one 12lb turkey might actually last us the entire week and that includes lunches and dinners for both of us.

So back to what's up and has been keeping me occupied whether solely in my head or with my time, doing things like weed through my portfolio and update my resume, I was informed last week that my boss is closing the company so I will be out of a job technically at the end of next week. A bummer, I know. I have options so I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I still have some decisions to make and finalize before I can get back to normal.

No comments: