Monday, November 16, 2009

Masochistic Mondays: week 16

Week 16 Comparison

The Stats (as of November 16, 2009)
Starting Weight: 188 lbs
Current Weight: 181.4 lbs


I thought it was about time that I do a visual update of any progress I made, so I had Mike take some pictures of me Saturday morning (as you can see my weight fluctuated up a bit just in time for my "official" weigh-in).

I see a slight difference. It would be nice to have something more noticeable after four months, but since I'm not on some miracle diet any progress is good.

My goal is to learn moderation when it comes to food and to make physical activity a regular part of my life. I'm not to the point where my body craves exercise but it's getting easier and easier to make time to do it. I did have a nice revelation today regarding food - my body is used to those measured portions I've been sticking to. Tonight Mike made us dinner (mushroom, onion & black bean quesadillas) as I had just finished a workout (& was starving) and was trying to finish my 30 minutes of cleaning before dinner, I neglected to remind him to only use one tortilla and a measured serving of cheese on mine. My story would be better if I was able to say I didn't finish my quesadilla, but I can't. What I can say is, I've learned my body is getting used to not stuffing massive portions down my throat because I am FULL and have been for about 2 hours. Note to self: stick to the measured portions because it really is enouh food.

Ok enough about food.

I should also probably let you know that I have decided not to run in my first 5k next weekend. The past couple weeks (since the time change) I have found it very difficult to go running after work when it's already dark. So my runs have only been happening on Saturdays and the past two runs have been awful. Like can't run more than a mile (if I make it that far) awful. I have decided I will get back on the C25k wagon once the days start to get longer and hopefully run my first 5k in the spring. In the meantime, I'm shifting exercise gears to my Wii Active game. Hopefully it will help start to tone some muscles because despite strengthen my lungs and calves while running, gosh my arms are quite weak and got quite a workout from using that resistance band this weekend. And don't even get me started about my thighs and the lunges!

I want to thank everyone for their encouraging words regarding the 5k last week, but this Saturday's attempt at running really cemented the fact that I am just not ready.

2 comments:

Jenna Z said...

It's good to listen to yourself and your own progress. I just Wii Actived this morning for the first time in AGES because it has been raining non stop for days and I don't run in the rain. Absolutely NO running in the rain, I HATE running in the rain! I am going to try and get that darned 30 day challenge trophy!

Helen huffar said...

Sarah, I so proud of you you are looking great and I can definately see your progress. You keep me going to Jazzericse.