Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Cookbook Challenge: How to Eat Supper #18

Plump Ginger-Caramel Shrimp
The Splendid Table's Plump Ginger Caramel Shrimp

In the past month, I have eaten more ginger than I think I have in my entire life. And what I've found is I'm not a huge fan, especially when ginger is a major player in the dish. It's not gross. It's just lately my dishes have been ginger-heavy, and I think I'm more of a ginger accent kind of gal.

Needless to say, it's tough to mess up shrimp. And it's awesome to have shrimp prepared a different way because I don't know about you, but sometimes I get stuck in a food rut. Either we end up eating pasta every Tuesday for a couple months or shrimp gets prepared by being sauteed in some olive oil and garlic.

But the cookbook challenge is good like that, pushing me out of my comfort zone. Expanding my horizons and all that jazz.

No comments: