Monday, March 15, 2010

Masochistic Mondays: Week 33

The Stats (as of March 15, 2010)
Starting Weight: 188 lbs
Current Weight: 179.9 lbs

Though it looks like a gain, I'm totally counting this as a loss. After last week's craft night (full of taco dip, buffalo chicken dip and brownies), I definitely went up a pound or so after weigh in. Then I spent the rest of the week working on getting back to where I started the week at.

I didn't quite get there, but it's gosh darn close.

This weekend also brought a revelation.

Despite being at the Y 6 days a week for about a month, doing cardio and weight training and seeing NO results, I realized the difference between this round of Couch to 5King and the last this fall is I was tracking what I was eating. And though I thought I was doing a pretty good job watching what I've been eating, I obviously have not. Too much snacking at the new job with the delicious popcorn shop just around the corner and way too many lunches out now that I can't go home for the hour.

I've made some excuses in the past couple months that I couldn't track what I was eating because I wasn't privvy to the office wifi, allowing me to access my SparkPeople app on my ipod. I've finally owned up to it and have made the SparkPeople website one of my home pages at work. Now it's always up and when I eat lunch at work or have a snack, it's right there for me to add the food. At home, I'll continue to use my ipod app. Granted, I've only been back to seriously tracking for two days now, but I'm determined to make this work. I want all that effort I'm putting in at the Y to actually pay off in more ways than just fitness.

Yes, I'm shallow. But I need that number on the scale to go down, down, down.

I do have happy news regarding my running. During Sunday's timed mile run, I ran a personal best mile (well at least since I've been using the Nike+). Woot woot! And ran the entire mile already in my training schedule. And shaved 30 seconds off the last timed mile. Progress, awesome!

No comments: