Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Green Pup

Reuseable Treat Bag
Project # 20 in '50 in 2009 Challenge' - Reuseable Treat Bag

Not only does Nibbler have a new, stylish travel bag, I also outfitted her with some matching reuseable food bags, helping us eliminate the need to use ziplocks or our tupperware.

Not completely green, but a much greener option than what we were using. And every little step you can take helps.

Reuseable Travel Dog Food Bag
Project # 19 in '50 in 2009 Challenge' - Reuseable Travel Dog Food Bag

These were worked up with the scraps from the travel bag, and then I bought some oilcloth to line the inside so the fabric doesn't get greasy. Each closes with some velcro, so really they probably work just as well as a ziplock (especially the cheap ones we buy).

The same idea could be applied to make little snack sacks as well, for chips or pretzels or something when you pack your lunch. We don't have a lot of snacks in the house but I still think I'll work up a few. I mean, I bought like a full yard of oilcloth, so I have plenty that'll need to get used eventually.

Nibbler Approved!

Nibbler seemed to like the bags, especially when I let her eat the food I was using to model the shot. I didn't get a picture of her with the bag on her nose trying to get the last kibble out, but it happened and I take it as a positive that she didn't run off with it or try to destroy it.

No comments: