Monday, June 29, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

Close Up - French Press Cozy
Project #23 in '50 in 2009 Challenge - Charcoal French Press Coffee Cozy

I don't know about where you live, but around these parts it has been hot, hot, hot. So hot that I couldn't drag myself to the computer to write about something I knit up in a wool blend to keep a hot drink hotter longer (well 2 Twilight saga books might have had me occupied as well).

But now the heat has broken and we're back to typical June weather (just in time for July, right?), I've downloaded the latest iPod touch software that allows me to cut and paste, and I'm lounging in my hammock finally feeling ready to share this French Press cozy I made my dad for Father's Day.

Got to him just in time for it him to have already broken the press. Figures, right?

French Press Cozy

I have no idea if it fits (it does fit a 32 oz Nalgene) or if he'll ever have another french press (my guess is he will, he's too much of a coffee junkie).

My sugestion was that he wear it as an arm cuff while riding his Harley. A completely feasible alternative, I think.

It was a simple pattern adjusted to fit the measurements my mom provided, and offered an excellent, quick break from my current project - my May quilt square (yikes it going to be June in another day and I still dint have it completed!). And most importantly I took the time to make my dad something for his special day (it still counts, right, Even though he can't use it?).

No comments: