Friday, July 20, 2007

In love…

In love…

I am finally in love with a fabric. I've never been so excited to sew something. I can finally understand why people stash fabric. I want everything yard of this fabric that is available, but sadly I'll have to settle for 3 yards I got from Cabbage Rose - who had incredibly fast shipping, and who reduced my shipping when it came out lower than the web calculated!

Is Anna Maria Horner's Chocolate Lollipop fabric great or what? I would have loved to get the coordinating multi-color dot pattern as well, but since this fabric is "the good stuff" I didn't want to splurge too much.

Really I want to swim in this fabric. I should have some extra fabric after I make two of the Scalloped Baby Blankets from Amy Karol's new book, Bend-the-Rules Sewing. I'm thinking I'll make a No-Cash Wallet from her book as well with the little scraps, but hopefully there will be enough left over to make two throw pillow cases for our couch. Ever since we got a real couch - a real beige couch - I've wanted to make season or perhaps monthly cases to add some pop to the couch that basically blends into the wall. I managed to buy one pillow and made a Christmas case out of this wonderful fabric. And was lucky enough to score another yard while it was 75%, so I'll be able to make a second. Just have go out and buy that second pillow…always the little details, right?

For now, the baby blankets are on hold (must wait to get 50% off a cut of flannel this Sunday - gotta save cash where you can) and I'm off to knit up a storm before tomorrow afternoon.

The big day is finally upon us…

so it may be a few days before you hear from me again.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love that fabric, too. I can't believe how many projects I've used it in lately.