Thursday, July 19, 2007

Daily Doodles - July 18, 2007

Daily Doodles - July 18, 2007 - The Crooked Smile
'The Crooked Smile'

Daily Doodles - July 18, 2007 - The Glasses
'The Glasses'

Daily Doodles - July 18, 2007 - The Bangs
And my favorite…'The Bangs'

I know! Three for one today, lucky you.

It amazes me how cute something can turn out when you aren't trying to make it look good. I know this is no Picasso, won't sell for a ton of money, nor will it garner praise, but it's loose and natural. I wasn't trying to hard. I wasn't trying to make something that looks great. I was just trying to work out a problem…an idea in my head.

I really should apply this philosophy more to art outside of graphic design and work. Art doesn't have to be good. It just has to get out. And the more it gets out, the better it will most likely become.


These were done on a legal pad with a yellow, #2 pencil.

No comments: