Saturday, August 18, 2007

Q is for Quiet

Quiet Time

The first thing many people ask me is, "Are you always that quiet?"

Yes. I am.

Have been for as long as I can remember. Though I do like to tease my dad that if he didn't tell me to be quiet all the time when I was little, I'd talk more now.

I just don't have much to say. Plus I'm shy. Which I think inhibits thoughts from formulating into words. I don't know, it's some weird psychology/physiology thing. I don't pretend to understand it.

And since silence doesn't really bother me…I don't feel pressure to talk.



I also enjoy quiet time, though it doesn't necessarily have to be silent time. Just time where I can do my own thing, preferably curled in a comfy chair or snuggled in my bed, like reading or knitting as the case was today.

I like being off in my own world where occasionally a few thoughts might pass between Mike and I. I can be as productive or as unproductive as I please. I relish in this time.




No comments: