Monday, August 27, 2007

Y is for You…and a Pay It Forward Swap.

PIF

Never one to pass up a chance at free stuff…or for making stuff for other people, so when I saw CorgiPants post about the Pay It Forward swap, I jumped on the chance. Not only to receive a little goodie, but also to bestow some goodies on some others.

As you might have noticed, I have a difficult time crafting for myself. But I really enjoy making things, and other people offer the motivation I need. What's more fun than giving something you made to someone else that you know will appreciate it.

That's why I love the blogosphere and all of you within it. It helps me connect with people like me. You offer inspiration, and laughs when I most need it. Daily good reads to let me forget about what may be stressing me out at the moment. Recipes, book ideas, and even advice, whether intentional or not. It's amazing that technology has given us the ability to connect with people all over the world in just a few mouse clicks. That you can become friends with people you'd never have met otherwise. That you can relate with people who are eerily similar to yourself.

I appreciate everyone who stops on by to read what I may have to share on any given day. Thank you.

And I offer you the opportunity to take part in a "real-world" representation of what the blogosphere does electronically everyday for me. If you'd like to experience the Pay It Forward action, here's how it works:

I will send a handmade gift to the first three (3) people who leave a comment on this blog expressing interest in joining in on the Pay It Forward exchange. I don't know what the gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days. And that is a promise! The only thing I ask in return is that you Pay It Forward as well, by making the same promise on your blog.

And I'll connect with you, and you with three others, one happy mail day package at a time.

There's nothing I look forward to more than a package sitting on my doorstep (or more accurately a package slip sitting in my mailbox informing me I need to pick something up at the post office). And I'm sure many of you are the same way. I mean, who can resist a package full of goodies!

So I will email the first three people to comment to this post, get your personal info and mail you out something great!…but only if you do the same.

And thanks again for sticking with me during this past month. I'm sure you've learned a bit more about me than you've ever wanted to know. But I'm proud of myself, I've only fallen 2 days behind in my month-long encyclopedia journey. Quite an accomplishment for someone who had trouble posting once a week. Hopefully the regularity will continue on once tomorrow's Z is over.

No comments: