Sunday, December 09, 2007

Good Eatin'

Country Fried Steak
::dinner::

Black & White Cupcakes
::dessert::


Everday Food has been very good to me lately. I'm kinda kicking myself for canceling my subscription when it came as a replacement to Martha Stewart Kids when that tanked (luckily my mother in-law passes them on to me when she's done, which is a perfect arrangement, I bet if I was getting them they would just pile up unused). At the time the recipes seemed to advanced to Martha Stewart impossible, so either things have changed and become more everyday in the past couple years or I just got two really bad examples of issues.

Dinner tonight was Country Fried Steak with Green Beans and Rice. It was really simple and fast, seriously only about 30 minutes to prep & make it all. I'm not quite sure if I passed the Denny's test, but they tasted pretty good to me (though I did not partake in the country gravy and ate mine more as chicken tenders).

And the past few nights we have been desserting on Black and White Cupcakes I saw on How About Orange a few days ago. These are definitely not an eat straight out of the oven cupcake. They taste way better at room temperature and even a couple days old. They were made Friday night for our weekend dinner with Mike's parents and uncle, but the kabosh was put on that because of the icy weather we've been having. I'm glad we didn't attempt the hour and a half drive because our car was covered in ice (as well as the trees and roads) when we ventured out this afternoon after hibernating all yesterday (we even made a poor chinese delivery man venture to our home last night and up our icy steps so we could eat - no falls thankfully).

Oh, my cupcakes are a bit different from the recipe. I used butterscotch chips instead of peanut butter ones because Aldi didn't carry those. It adds to the sweetness, I imagine, so be sure to have a glass of milk handy.

I've had a rather productive weekend, if you couldn't tell by all my posts. And there's more that I haven't shared! Yikes, I know, how do I do it all.

No comments: