Friday, December 14, 2007

Thank God It's The Weekend.

Wintery Prints

Tough week at work. Christmas rush has hit hard and it is not fun. We'll be going strong until January 15th, I believe, but then starting right back up in frenzy mode to pull off a fundaraising event that already was pushed back from Halloween.

Ever so thankful that the weekend has finally arrived. I can't wait to hop into bed in my fuzzy robe and with my Harry Potter book (OotP), read until my eyes shut and then sleep a warm and toasty sleep late into tomorrow morning.

My weekend won't be entirely restful (I had to bring a few work projects home), but it is a break I need and will hopefully push me through to next weekend and the four day weekend that follows.

Holiday crafting is winding down, really shy of where I wanted to be, but I need to be realistic. I was able to get my first annual block print edition of Christmas cards out early this week! I enjoy assembly line work like I was doing for these. The monotony of the same motions is relaxing after spending 40+ hours in front of a computer every week.

Twinkle- 45/45

Although this photo doesn't really show it (since my computer went in the shop, our scanner doesn't work on it anymore, so I had to photograph the card in a dark room), I'm really happy with my first foray into block printing. It is something I have been wanting to get into for a couple years. I finally bought a starter kit this spring with some birthday money from Mike's grandparents. I look forward to seeing my progression as years go by.

No comments: