Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tonight, You Can Call Me Martha.

Banana Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins

Watching three episodes of Martha Stewart last night definitely had an affect on me tonight. We had a dinner guest for the second night in a row, I made a really yummy shrimp & scallop stir fry, baked these Banana-Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins and a chocolate cake. All since I got home four hours ago (and that included a leisurely dinner outside with said guest under our twinkling tree).

I was so pleased when these muffins came out of the oven. They smelled perfect, they looked perfect and the pan wasn't a giant baked on mess! I'm becoming a triple threat. I'll let you know how they taste after tomorrow's breakfast.

Nibs and her Blankie

And just so you don't forget I now have a dog, here's Nibbler a couple nights ago. Deciding we were going to be in the living room for awhile and not wanting to gaze out the back door, she brought her blankie (that I made her for her trip home from the foster family) out and gummed on it. It's really cute to see her pull it along with her. She often takes it out of the crate and puts it in front of the sliding door and just lays and gazes outside.

Awwww.

I'm a proud puppy mommy, can't you tell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am a Martha fan, and those muffins look scrumptious.. guess I'd better hop on over to martha.com and get that recipe...

Nibbler is adorable and so is his name!