Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Dipping My Thumb in the Soil.

Parsley Sprouts

I'm trying to grow herbs again from seeds. So far, they're doing better than my attempt 2 years ago. I think I have better natural light in our new kitchen. Plus I haven't been over-watering, which I'm assuming led to the demise of my previous attempt.

The parsley is growing great, there are a few chives sprouting up, but there is only one lone basil sprout.

I worry for my dear basil. For she is the real reason I attempt to grow herbs. Hopefully she perks up or else I may have to buy another basil plant at the farmer's market like I did when basil #1 died. That plant was a crazy grower and lasted somewhat in our dark, dingy apartment when we moved down here last winter. But she too died from lack of sun…and then watering.

If these three do well, I think I'll start up some cilantro, dill and rosemary as well. Those can all be grown indoors in pots, right?

Then next year we'll move onto a real garden with vegetable.

No comments: