Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Itchin' to Finish Up

Foyer-Before
The Foyer as it currently stands.

I've been getting the itch to finish the painting of our downstairs floor. That would involve a third or fourth coat in the kitchen bathroom, an extra coat on the back wall of what will be my American Girl display nook and painting the foyer.

I was even tempted to paint the foyer tonight.

I didn't, but I was tempted. Instead I did some computer imagining of what the space could look like (PS I'm not the best at photoshop). This is what I came up with.

Foyer-Concept1
Foyer Concept #1

I've always wanted one of those Movarian Star Pendant Lamps, and there is a store downtown that is selling them at a reasonable price, so I'm planning on getting one in the coming months. The chocolate brown walls give the space a crisp, finished look and tie in well with the rest of the house, but I'm thinking they may be a bit too dark. Especially since the foyer doesn't get a ton of light, even from the stained glass front door. But then again, with the star pendant maybe it will have a nice ambiance. Though will it flow from a grass green front door?

I just pulled the console table of the Crate and Barrel website, it's vaguely what I'm thinking for the space. I want something that can hold a plant, a guest's purse or a large urn filled with sodas and a guest book when we have a fun gathering. Though color is throwing me off again. A wood color would probably be too much brown, right? Perhaps a black piece? Or maybe silvery, and then in that case I could go with a silver star pendant? Wow. I didn't think it would be so tough.

When I asked Mike his opinion, he pleaded with me to finish painting the outside (front door & shutters) first while it's nice outside. So perhaps I have time to figure this all out, though I would like to have it completed by Thanksgiving.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

omg. . . at first i thought you wanted to paint your FLOORS! i nearly yelled through my computer! chocolate wouldn't be my first choice with the color of your floors, but your photoshop rendering looks nice. maybe a nice cranberry?