Sunday, November 09, 2008

First Thanksgiving Turkey - 2006

Exhausted.

That pretty much describes the family today.

I brined and roasted a turkey (then subsequently had to dismantle the 13 lb bird because we obviously did not even make a dent in it). I grocery shopped, cleaned, did laundry. Oh, the above turkey is not today's turkey though they did turn out similar in appearances.

Nibbler sat planted in one spot shaking from the time I put the turkey in the oven until I carved it up 3 hours later. At least we know she shouldn't be a problem Thanksgiving Day. Seriously she was shaking the entire time, it kinda freaked Mike and I out, thinking she was ill.

And while I was running around like a turkey with its head chopped off, Mike tackled our bedroom paint job. Impressively all the wall painting is done, just trim painting and decorative molding left. Our room's not small either, so it was quite an accomplishment.

But now our little family to exhausted, ready for the weekend…but wait! tomorrow's Monday. No rest for us.

Maybe after Thanksgiving. Or Christmas.


No comments: