Saturday, April 04, 2009

One for Me, One for You: February Fabric or Miracle Cleaner

February 2009 - Sarah's Choice
My February Choice - Alexander Henry's Juicy Lemon


February 2009 - Darcy's Choice
Darcy's February Choice


Finally a day of relaxation.

Second draft (the tight one before it goes to press) was off to our client yesterday…exactly at five.

Despite the long hours this past week, it was still a rush until the end because my printer would not cooperate. I started printing at 3:30 and was still printing up until 4:54. It seemed to be going great, I even thought I might be able to head out early…and then my printer laughed in my face.

Oh well, it's done.

And after falling asleep on the couch last night at like 8:30, I was up relatively early and finally got to clean up our house which has been neglected the past couple weeks with both Mike and I working long hours.

During my clean up I discovered a miracle cleaner! So tough that it was able to cut through the grease and dust build-up on our stove hood (something I last unsuccessfully tried to clean at Thanksgiving).

And what's even better is it was homemade (and therefore cheaper) and much greener than anything I've bought at the store. The only initial cost was about $3 for a box of borax because we had everything else on hand - and that's going to last me an eternity.


Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner (courtsey of Mrs Clean)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Borax
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Soap
- 2 c Hot Water

Mix all ingredients in 16oz spray bottle, shake well and fight the grim!


How's that for a twofer post, not only do you get to see the latest 'One for Me, One for You' fabric but you get a recipe for cleaning success as well! Just in time for spring cleaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

When you come next week, bring me some of your borax so I can make my all purspose cleaner.

mom