Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Wednesday Night Dinner: Chicken Wings & Buttermilk Biscuits

Crispy Chicken Wings in Sweet & Spicy Sauce

It's been awhile since I talked about food, huh?

Well, tonight was worth the wait. In celebration for a short work week and LOST, I spent about an hour after work cooking up a delicious and special dinner just for myself.

Yes, I made homemade chicken wing in a sweet & spicy sauce and cheddar buttermilk biscuits

for myself as Mike is out for an after-work-fishing trip. And don't forget the sweet potato fries (that I nearly forgot about in the oven, so they're a bit charred on one side) with horseradish sauce.
Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits

I highly recommend both recipes, easy and delicious.

That Barefoot Contessa is starting to impress me. I'd really never given her a chance, thinking her meals must be a bit too "Martha Stewart Living" by the looks of her kitchen. But I grabbed her Back to Basics cookbook off the new non-fiction shelves at the library a month ago (and have renewed it twice already). Everything looks so good, and not too fussy (try the rissotto cakes with a drizzle of tomato sauce), plus nearly every recipe has pictures.

I love me a cookbook with extensive imagery.



Well, that's about it for me tonight, I have a hat to knit and some LOST to watch.

1 comment:

White on Rice Couple said...

Yay! So glad you liked the wings. We love that recipe and it's hard not to eat a massive helping.