Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Cookbook Challenge: How to Eat Supper #7

Sweet Roast Butternut Squash and Greens Over Bow-Tie Pasta
The Splendid Table's Sweet Roasted Butternut Squash and Greens Over Bow-Tie Pasta

I have been on a How to Eat Supper kick lately, I ended up making this pasta the day after we had the Supper Tart (I've tackled 3 more recipes this week with another 2 planned). And considering this baby calls for a pound of bow-tie pasta and a 3 pound butternut squash, we were eating it for days after. I love when lunch is taken care of for me!

There may be nothing better in the crisp fall air than roasted butternut squash. Sweet and slightly caramelized…yum, yum, yum.


Fall Vegetables

Gosh, I love fall.

I mean, look at those colors. And then there's all the cozy traditions this time of year brings out, like buying the first half gallon of apple cider (which I did this weekend, and have been enjoying a hot mugful at night), and digging out sweaters, and wearing furry slippers in the morning, and trips to the apple orchard (which I hope we'll be able to do this weekend). Then there are also new traditions trying to sprout up - I really need to crack down and set a date for my 1st annual BYOP party. It's something I've wanted to do for years, but each Halloween since we've had our house has slipped by me. I am determined to have a pumpkin carving party this year…I swear. With chili and hand pies and frosted Frankenstein cookies and trophies! Does anyone know where I can buy wholesale pumpkin carving tools? I'd like to have several sets on hand, but would prefer not to spend $6+ on each.


1 comment:

M said...

try big lots...sometimes they have stuff like that...