Monday, October 05, 2009

Masochistic Mondays: week 10

The Stats (October 5, 2009)
Starting Weight: 188 lbs
Current Weight: 183.0 lbs

What a week.

The only thing I can say is…I am shocked. Shocked that that number isn't higher. I started with proper intentions last Monday, but those quickly went out the window 15 minutes into my 28-minute run.

After 15 minutes, I just couldn't go any longer. I finished my "workout" alternating between running a couple minutes and walking a couple minutes, but ended up coming home completely defeated. That defeat, accompanied by some rainy weather and an anniversary date, stuck with me all week and I ended up not going out for another run all week.

So disappointing.

Then to top it off, I ended my week surviving on cookies. Mike, being the sweet husband he is, happily obliged when I requested a sweet treat while he was camping this weekend. Before he headed out, he came home bearing a container of my favorite bakeshop cookies and instead of having one or two and then saving them for throughout the week, I managed to have them all gone by the time he came back Sunday afternoon.

Can you say cookies for breakfast…two days in a row?

I know, I know.

I'm starting this week off right. Back on track, noting what goes in and getting back to my running. I mapped out a 3.2-mile course yesterday and my new plan is to complete the course each workout. I'm not up to running the whole thing obviously, but I want to see how long it'll take me to finish a 5k and I want to make sure I get up to the proper mileage. The hope is the running time will get longer and the walking time shorter before November 21. It'll make my workout significantly longer each day I go out, but if this is a goal of mine then I need to make the commitment.

Even if it means a little less time for knitting and How I Met Your Mother. Perhaps knitting should become an incentive.

No comments: