Sunday, November 01, 2009

Cookbook Challenge: How to Eat Supper #11

Green Apple, Cheese & Chard Oven Omelet
The Splendid Table's Green Apple, Cheese & Chard Oven Omelet

Today begins the annual challenge that thousands of bloggers across the world take on…NaBloPoMo. Attempting to ramp up your blogging and readership by posting every day in the month of November.

I've attempted before (and even it's cousin, A Post A Day In May), but I've never quite made it the whole 30 days (or 31 in the case of May). Yet, here I am again. Giving it another shot. This time of year could easily lend itself to slacking on the blog front and I'm always up for a challenge, so I say "why not?" every year.

So here am I starting off with an easy one. In both sense. I've been sitting on this picture for awhile…and it's an easy dinner to throw together.

I was a bit apprehensive of eggs (as we know, not my favorite) and apples cooked together with a vegetable I had never had before - chard. And despite being a bit heavy on the chard, I didn't want to waste any as I had had a tough time finding it so I may have put a bit more than was called for, this was pretty good. I actually had a tough time being able to pick out a discernible piece of apple once it was all cooked. So there was no weirdness of oh-I'm-eating-eggs-with-my-apple-pie-filling.

That being said, I'm not sure I would ever take the time to hunt down chard again to make this dish. Especially when it's only the two of us. Because, I mean, we ate this thing for breakfast & lunch for at least three days after the initial dinner.

No comments: