Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Sweet Friday: Dulce De Leche Cookies

Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies

Adding some sweet latin flair to kick off your weekend with Dulce de Leche sandwich cookies. A nice accompaniment to fajita night at a friend's last weekend. Though they were good, I'm pretty sure no one appreciated me unloading ALL the extras on them. And seriously this recipe makes a lot of cookie, even when sandwiched up.

I must also warn, you'd be wise to heed the recipe's advice of buying a jar of dulce de leche. I tried to make my own and even after an hour, I still couldn't obtain that beautiful caramely color. I even went back to the store the next day in hopes of buying a jar before I had to make my sandwiches…no luck, at my local store, but hopefully you will have some at yours.

If you don't, technically you can make your own dulce de leche with nothing more than a can of sweetened condensed milk, a pot of water and some time.

Just pop a couple holes in the top of your unopened can (wrapper removed), place in a pot and fill with water up to about an inch away from the top of the can. Bring the water to a boil and then simmer for a heckuva long time until you get a nice caramely color. Let it cool and dig in (though you may want to google it, see if you can get a more precise time frame because trust, you'll get anxious).


No comments: