Monday, May 03, 2010

Tour de Cure

Molly's Bike - Studio Light Box Test 1


As I begin my journey into running, Mike has begun a journey of his own. He's finally, after years of talking about it, has started long distance cycling. Initially he was planning on training this spring and summer for a century ride in the fall, but then an opportunity for another long ride came up in June.

So currently Mike is working toward a 50 mile ride in Grafton, IL as part of the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure. I know I don't typically do this kind of thing in this space, but if you're so inclined and would like to support a good cause, Mike is trying to raise $150 for ADA. If you'd like to make any sort of donation, we'd both greatly appreciate it - donate here!

Hopefully Mike doesn't get too upset that I'm posting a picture of a doll bike (I WANT this cruiser!) and not a picture of his own Black Beauty. It's just the American Girl bike is a little more me, and after all even though I'm plugging him in this post, truly I can't not make it about me. ;)

Good luck dear! You'll do great!

No comments: