Monday, October 16, 2006

Culinary Delights

Chicken Spinach Alfredo Sconcigli

So we're at that point where we have almost no food in our house. This actually happens quite frequently. About every three weeks, actually. One solution would be to go grocery shopping more often. But I've been told that actually this is a good habit. That we use all our stock, instead of letting things sit unused for months, even years. But it gets tough.

Mozzarella, Basil, Tomato sandwich

We are breaking down, and I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow after work. But that still leaves tomorrow's lunch undecided. I mean today,I even had fast food for dinner. Luckily. We do have plenty of potatoes. We could probably live off potatoes, 3 times a day, for a week. Though we have NO butter!

Mushroom Quesadillas

I can't wait to start cooking again. Starting tomorrow. Special dinner, yum! My specialities as you can probably see revolves around pasta. Though those mushroom quesadillas did turn out amazing.

French Onion Soup & Roast Beef Baguette

While I was still living at home, and basically unemployed, it was my job to make dinner. I kinda miss that. Having enough time to make a full meal. That wasn't something you had everyday. Heck, I used to make homemade lasagna (even the noodles - rolled by hand) and pizza…with Braydon in tow. If he turns out to be a good cook when he grows up, it is solely because of me. During his first 8 months of life, he spent a lot of time with me in the kitchen…"helping" (aka sitting in his high chair or exer-saucer, while I explained things to him).

Sausage Manchi Rigate

Hopefully sometime in the future I'll learn to manage my time more. So that I'll have time to do the things I love. The cooking. The crafting…and maybe some, um, cleaning.

Minestrone & Spinach Rosemary Focaccio

::cough:: I did not just say that, did I?

Lasagna Rosale

No comments: