Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The recap show

Hellooo Nurse!

Here's what I've been doing the past few days instead of cleaning… that's right, I've been watching Animaniacs Volume 1 FABOO!

Our place is messy with Christmas debris, but I can't stop. Apparently this volume has been out since July! And the second volume came out earlier this month. I loved this show. I watched it everyday after school. I strived to win Wakko stuffed animals at Great America at the carnival games (I won on two different occassions, once was even the BIG prize - like a two foot Wakko which I think I still have). And I wrote a fan letter and received a signed glossy back from the voices of Yakko, Wakko and Dot, which hung framed on my wall until I moved out when I got married.

Though as big of a fan as I am, I do not match my old roommate's (Mariah) husband. He can sing all the crazy songs, like the one naming all the state capitals, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the countries of the world song too. It's weird, in all the years I've known Mariah, I didn't know she loved Animaniacs until Joe started hanging around the last semester of our senior year. And now she upstaged me…by getting both Volumes 1 and 2 of the DVDs. I thought I was all cool emailing her about how I got Volume 1.

Goes to show, you're never as cool as you think.

OC Choppers PEZ

And how could this be an after-Christmas post without some sort of gift recap. I know it'd be pretty lame if I told you about everything I got, but I thought I'd share a couple pics of the quirky gifts I got.

I always have a hard time with what my "favorite" present is. I pretty much just love every gift. I get excited, and if you saw me on Christmas you'd think I'm the biggest nerd. I really wanted these though, and I've been hoping that my sister was pulling through for me as I passed them in the stores and resisted every urge to run out of the store with the collectors tin.

PEZ had a general rule about not creating dispensers of real people (with exception of the Becentennial collection in the 1970s of Betsy Ross, Paul Revere and Daniel Boone - they were long dead) until this year when some sort of deal was worked out and the men of OC Choppers were molded. They're kinda scary, aren't they? But cool, nonetheless.

The Bronze London

Mike's brother, Steve, gave us this "London Souvenir" as part of our Christmas present (he just came back from studying the semester in Canterbury). It says right on it "London Souvenir." I think its great. I've actually regretted not getting cheesy souvenirs like this while I was in Italy. I could have had a little David statue and a mini model of the Eiffel Tower. I know I've posted about this before, but if Mike and I ever do go on a real vacation, I'm snatching up my cheesy souvenir and creating a travel jar!

It's actually really detailed, I love the double decker bus and the phone booth (that's kinda hidden).
The only question is what am I going to do with the "London Souvenir"?

Next Year's Christmas Card?

To leave you on a silly note…perhaps this is next year's Christmas card? I know I look doofy, I couldn't put my hat on all the way because I had my hair pulled into buns, but it's still cute. My mom wanted to bring out a leash, but I put my foot down. :P

No comments: