Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow Day!

Our Christmas Tree - 2006

Though I haven't been a full-fledged adult for long, I do realize one great thing that adulthood often misses…snow days. Today I'm basically playing hooky from work, or at least I feel like I am. The weather has been great here all week, until yesterday when it dropped almost 30 degrees. Yes, we've been enjoying beautiful 60 degree weather and then BAM! now we have snow. About 6 inches right now, and growing with an icy snow coming down now by the sounds of it.

With all that's been going on around here, I haven't been sleeping well for the past few weeks, I guess. I don't feel tired all the time, but though I've been going to bed at the same time as usual, I've been waking up between 6:45 and 7. A mere 30 minutes before I need to leave for work. The past couple days, Mike and I have been trying to figure out a way he can help me wake up earlier and last night we decided that I should eliminate my "warning" alarm. It usually goes off at 5:30. He believes it wakes me up and then lay in bed heavily sleepy until almost 7.

So what time do I wake up today? 5:15. And the weather ends up being too crappy to make the drive to work according to my parents and Mike (who drives a lot farther than I do and is getting ready for work as I type). I do have to drive on twisty, curvy, hilly back roads to make it to the main road in the city I work in, roads historic for having tons of cars off the road and into the trees every time it snows. A few years back (after the off-roading snow Rav-4 adventure Darcy and I had - like immediately after here parents had to go find us in the blizzard), Darcy's mom was driving me home down the aforementioned roads and every 100 feet or so there was a car down in the trees.

Do I sound like I'm trying to justify not going to work? I am…to myself. It's snowing harder now, and after just trying to get Mike out of the driveway, I'm glad he made me call in. I wish he didn't have to drive to work today. I will now be worrying about him until he calls to let me know he got there. On a good day it'll take him like 45 minutes, I can't imagine what today will be like. Hopefully his driving temper doesn't get the better of him.

Archie

In other news, life has been going on since a week ago. Basically it is clean, clean, clean here with a bit of crafting. I finished this little guy, a Wee Wonderful Archie, this past weekend. My first stuffed animal(?). I stink at sewing. What you can't see in this cute (if not slightly creepy - I mean look at those eyes) picture is Archie's butt…and some visible seams. But I'm like a Wee Wonderful cultist or something, so I will keep plugging away until I can make all of Hilary's wonderfully wee creations.

I'm also racking up holiday projects at a rate that I may not be ready for next year's Christmas either. I know I should hold off on the holiday decorations, but they are so tempting! It's sad only having our wee little tree out. But in the long run it will probably be less hassle.

No comments: