Sunday, January 21, 2007

Busy Little Beaver

Joe Cool
I headed back north to my parents' after nearly a week in my new home. Preplanned trip, not like I left Mike or something. My cousin, the cousin who no one thought would ever have children, is finally bearing on mid-February, I believe, and today was her baby shower.

Like every crafter knows, baby showers are like the mecca of all crafting opportunities. Who could resist making loads of bitty gifts. There's just so much tiny stuff out there waiting to be made, but the majority of us either have no children or the children are out of the itty, bitty cuteness stage.

Mister cute up there, is just one bit of what I whipped up. Once I get back to my own computer, I'll share the entire project. I did this guy yesterday in a couple hours. He turned out cute. Robbie, here, is a Hilary creation though I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out for stuffie making. First of all, I need someone to show me how to do a blind stitch. I just don't get it! If anyone can point in the right direction, offer me tips, or anything...please! And then there's the fact that everything is so tiny and requires patience and paying attention to seam allowances, etc.

With Robbie here I decided against addind any sort of "control panel," he is for a newborn. Sadly he got mistaken for a monster by the father-to-be. He's not scary, is he?

More updates coming soon...I'm headed home tomorrow. Setting up my computer with a new operating system, and all new design programs! The complete creative suite. Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and Dreamweaver! Internet is coming Thursday, but perhaps Mike and I will head back to Panera and enjoy some of their free wireless internet, plus yummy crispani. I recommend if you have wireless capabilities on your computer, head over to a place like Panera. Its a fun, laid-back environment.

No comments: