Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Throw Down…

Oscar The Grouch
Project #27 in "50 in 2008 Challenge" - Oscar the Grouch Pumpkin

I work for a very serious company…

We do things like paint hot dog ornaments and decorate pumpkins.

The joys of working for a small company in a creative field. We may have a lot of work, but we have a good time too.

So today we had our "first annual pumpkin throw down" with another small company we work with a lot. 6 contestants, some gourds and 4 prizes at stake.

Considering the desperate struggle to figure out how to decorate/carve my greenish blue pumpkin (picked for its beauty, not for its decorating prowess) after Grey's Anatomy last night, I actually pulled off a double win.

Most creative and Best of the Patch. Hell yeah!

If only I could share my mani/pedi with Mike. For he deserves some major props too. He's the one, after seeing me struggle to make a pumpkin clock ("most timely" - Ha Ha!) and listening to me complain that I busted my carving knife, said, "Well…it's a green pumpkin, so you should make Oscar the Grouch." With a roll of the eyes.

That was all I needed and in about 2 hours (and Mike's assistance constructing my lid out of wood) Oscar and Slimely the Worm were created.

The worry that I was going to have the lamest pumpkin proved to be unnecessary. But really I think I swayed the wait staff at the restaurant with my use of props and sewn eyebrows.

Or maybe as Mike suggested, Slimey just pulled it all together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Mb to bring Sesame St. into the mix, but actually very good idea! It turned out to be adorable!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Mike on this one: Slimey pulls it all together. Bang up job, I'm totally impressed.
-Darcy

Leciawp said...

I love this Oscar the Grouch pumpkin!