Sunday, October 19, 2008

Robots In Disguise

Transformer Washcloth
Project # 28 in '50 in 2008 Challenge' - Transformer Washcloth

I'm really liking these quick projects. Especially since they don't necessarily look like quick projects. Perhaps I really will make it to 50 projects by the end of the year. It will be tough, but may really be a possibility.

I knit this cotton Transformer washcloth for Bray's birthday at the beginning of December. Hopefully he's still into Transformers. I mean, when we saw him last weekend, he was into Iron Man. But I think there is a second Transformers movie coming out, so at least I've got that going for me.

It's actually going to be a pretty crafty birthday for him this year. Hat, scarf, washcloth…and two other similar toys that are not completely finished yet. I'm excited about them, so maybe I can finish them up for next weekend to share.

And though I have his birthday presents completely under control, I have no idea what we will do for Christmas. Yes, the "c word" is going to come more and more prevalent in the coming weeks. And finished projects will become few and far between, until the day after Christmas when everything has been given. Perhaps I should find a meme or something to participate in during the end of November and December. Have you see any good ones recently?

I really enjoy knitting patterns like this. Where I really have to pay attention to what I'm doing. Where not many rows are the same. I think it actually makes the knitting go faster, at least on this small level. I keep doing "just one more row" because I like to see the pattern emerge. Too bad we don't use too many washcloths/dishcloths around here, or else I might turn into one of those obsessive washcloth knitters.

PS
Didn't my lightbox take a great seamless white background shot? I think this is the best example I have. No editing whatsoever (besides cropping it into a square) and no flash. It was definitely luck though, because I tried to take shots of another project right after this one and it came out all "warm." I'll definitely be trying some of Making It Lovely's photography tips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest washcloth EVER! I'm totally going to have to learn how to knit now. -Darcy