Friday, November 21, 2008

Craft Archives: Volume 4

HP_sweater

Another blast from the past.

A tiny Weasley sweater, big enough for a phone or an ipod.

It was the first project I knit in the round on DPNs. Just thought scared me, I mean, how could you knit without losing all your stiches off the other end? But my MIL showed me how specifically because I wanted to add this little sweater to a Harry Potter swap package.

Made from the (immense amounts of) leftover yarn from the Gryffindor Scarf and Cap I knit Darcy - who subsequently moved to Hawaii shortly after. It was shortly after Mike and I got married, and we lost our camera in all the wedding commotion, so I didn't even get to take pictures of that immense scarf and hat.

Darcy, if you're reading this, can you take some pictures of the scarf & hat for me? I know it's been years since I gave them to you, but I'm hoping they're still at your parents' house since you've moved onto placed where the residents don't even know what a winter scarf is. I've been meaning to ask you to do this for years.

No comments: