Sunday, November 23, 2008

Operation Gobble Gobble: The Cranberries

Cranberry Orange Cheesecake

Not one to follow tradition to closely, when I host Thanksgiving there is no canned cranberry sauce. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in my family actually eat it, but since it is Thanksgiving, you really do need to feature cranberries.

Instead I feature a cranberry cheesecake, last time Cranberry Swirl, this time I opted for Cranberry Orange. I made it late last night, thinking I would create Cheesecake Pops today after it had thoroughly cooled. The last Thanksgiving we hosted featured way too much cheesecake for 7 people…2/3 of the cake was left, and there was no way Mike and I could finish that, so I came up with the brilliant idea for cheesecake pops.

Cute, and way easier to portion. If everything wasn't finished at the dinner, Mike and I could feast on the leftover cheesecake in bite-size portions from the freezer.

But I didn't use the same recipe this year, and the version I'm using (from Nov '08 BHG) seems to have yielded a smaller, not as dense cake.

There was no test run, so I'm not sure how it tastes, but it's pretty darn tough not cutting a slice.

And as it's been frozen, I figure if we don't make a dent in it on Thanksgiving, I can make cheesecake bites with the leftovers.

No comments: