Sunday, September 06, 2009

One for Me, One for You: June Fabrics

June 2009 - Darcy's Choice
Darcy's Choice


June 2009 - Sarah's Choice
My Choice

Betcha were wondering if Darcy & I were still working away at our collaborative quilting project. We are, it's just on bit of a hiatus, after I finished up the first May yo-yo square I needed a massive break.

I'm three months behind now and now holding Darcy up as well. It is my hope I'll be quilting rejuvenated come the beginning of October. I have to get through September and a mid-size issue of the magazine I put together at work. Hopefully I won't need to work 48 hours in 3 days, but I don't really know because this is the first time I'm doing this page count. But I know for sure that after I'm finished, I'll need some serious time at the sewing machine to unwind, but to also feel good about the progress of the project I roped Darcy into. I originally planned that we would do this for a year, so come the end of October (or when I finish the next 4 squares - June, July, August & September) I'll lay all the squares out and reassess. The goal is to have a quilt that is useable - you know, large enough to curl up in comfortably. Hopefully 24 squares will yield a large enough quilt, but I believe Darcy will be up for a couple more months.

Now I just have to get my butt in gear, there are squares to make and fabrics to buy.

No comments: