Thursday, November 26, 2009

And Then There Was Two...

The Brock Boy Hat
Project #39 in '50 in 2009 Challenge' - The Brock Boy Hat

It amazes me how much a knit can stretch every time, which is perhaps why I've been having so much trouble with these hats. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that something can stretch to well over twice it's original size and work well.

But with this hat I had to.

The Brock Boy Hat for size

See.

When laying flat you think, well that surely won't be able to fit anyone but a baby. But it fits the dummy so well, and I'm even able to get it on my head without looking all stretched out and uncomfortable.

So lesson learned...
When knitting hats, go smaller than I think necessary as it more likely than not fit well that way as opposed to being loose and sloppy.

Two more hats left to put that lesson to test, let's hope I pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.