Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hats are no longer my friend…

Bubble Yum Button Tab
Project #38 in '50 in 2009 Challenge' - Bubble Yum Button Tab

With no gauge information, I should have known this project was doomed to begin with but I continued on, decreasing the number of stitches hoping to make it an appropriate size for a 7 year old girl.

And boy, oh boy, those ribs can be deceiving. They look so tiny, but stretch SOOO big.

So after finishing this cute little button tab hat and putting it on the dummy head for pictures, I realized it was too big. So big.

My first instinct was to throw it in the frogging pile and cast on a new smaller version, but Mike convinced me to put it on…and it looked all right.

Now pink is not my top choice of color, and even further down on the list of colors that I consider wearing, but I got a new cream winter coat and have plans to make a scarf with my french souvenir yarn and I think it should look ok with it. Originally I was going back and forth on what to make with my purple souvenir yarn (hat or mitts) but now my decision is made…plus I don't think I can knit another hat! And the sad thing is I have to knit this hat again, plus a reknit of this one in a smaller gauge (back before I learned the hard way that a gauge swatch needs to be done).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.